Join the Capital Air Ambulance team
Capital Air Ambulance is growing. Following the acquisition of new aircraft we are looking for additional medical professionals to join the team, as well as office support team members with European language capabilities.
Capital is looking for experienced ICU-qualified doctors.
- Full and unrestricted registration in the United Kingdom
- At least 5 years post-registration practice
- Primary postgraduate examination in either anaesthesia, emergency medicine or acute medicine
- At least 2 years post-registration experience in a critical care environment with confidence and familiarity with transportation of ventilated and inotrope/pressor-dependent patients.
- Currently working in a critical care environment and able to continue working in ICU on at least part-time basis to ensure skills currency
- Currency with ALS and BLS within the past 3 years
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- Good health record
- Physical fitness for aeromedical work
- CRB clearance
Desirable but not essential requirements
- Previous experience in aeromedical transportation of critically ill or injured patients
- Final postgraduate examination in either anaesthesia, emergency medicine or acute medicine
- Postgraduate qualification in intensive care medicine, such as the European Diploma in ICM, the UK Diploma in ICM or any other similar qualification which is deemed acceptable by the Medical Director
- Accreditation, CCST or CCT in intensive care medicine
- CCAT basic course, or equivalent
- ATLS or similar course within past 5 years
- APLS, EPLS or similar course in past 5 years
- Ability to work efficiently under stressful conditions
To express an interest in this role please click here to email our HR department